Friday, September 21, 2007

Torii Hunter - Goodbye


Torii Hunter has given an interview to the folks at FSN. In it, it becomes very evident that Torii believes he will not be with the Twins in '08. Now, I haven’t heard the interview, and Torii, whilst being an excellent fielder, has never been one of my faves; in the years leading up to this two year offensive sprint to free agency, Torii always seemed to lack attention at the plate. In the years when his buddy Jacque Jones was here and the two of them competed the hitting could get pretty good. There would always be a tail off however and Hunter always seemed too “oh well tomorrow’s another day” to me, IMO.


I know the Twins are going to miss him. I’m sure that there is no way the club is going to give him a 5 or 6 year contract; and I think I agree with Twins management - IF they turn around and sign Santana (who has to figure out how to strike out people and NOT give up home runs:) ) and they find a decent replacement for Torii.

No comments: